As today’s world is becoming more digital, we’re becoming increasingly dependent on calendars and other apps for productivity, scheduling, and time management.
Calendar apps used to offer pretty basic functions, such as setting reminders or scheduling events. When it came down to planning tasks and taking notes, however, people relied on planners or third-party solutions.
The newest calendars are much more impressive. They integrate with other apps, and you can sync them to all your devices. They give you the option to schedule events, set reminders, and view your schedule in different formats (such as daily, weekly, or monthly views).
More importantly, an online calendar app keeps track of all your tasks and errands, ensuring you stay on top of your game. With a good calendar app, you can plan your schedule in advance. You can even plan months ahead, as your calendar app will make sure your scheduled events don’t overlap and will send you reminders so you don’t forget about them.
As a result, you’ll be as efficient as possible, and have more free time!
What Are the Best Calendar Apps?
With so many options out there, choosing a calendar app can be a challenge. The solution you choose should meet all your scheduling needs, allow you to create events, and be synchronized across all your devices.
Having so many options, however, also means there’s a match out there for just about anyone’s needs. Here are the best calendar apps to help you manage your schedule and stay organized, your way.
1. Cozi Family Organizer
Cozi Family Organizer is a family calendar app that can make your personal life much easier. One of the best shared calendar apps, Cozi comes with various family-sharing features, and you can create to-do lists, shopping lists, and recipes. It’s a great app for families with lots of members, who all have different weekly activities. You can even set up appointment reminders so you don’t forget anything.
Best Free Calendar App for Organizing Family Schedules
Cozi Family Organizer is designed for mobile use, and it’s available on iPhones and Android devices. While it doesn’t come with a desktop app, you can also use this online calendar from a web browser. Family members can customize their calendars and use color-coded themes. They can also create as many lists as they want and share them with other members.
- Family sharing
- To-do lists
- Shopping lists
- Color coding
- Setting reminders for events and appointments
The good news is that Cozi Family Organizer is completely free and doesn’t come with hidden fees.
- You can sign up for free
- Available for Android and Apple Users
- Organize activities, meetings, and school schedules
- Fully customizable calendar
- Easy-to-view schedules
- No desktop app
2. Zoho Calendar
What makes Zoho Calendar such a good choice is that it’s the easiest calendar app to use on your mobile phone. It helps you stay on top of your schedule at all times.
|Best For||Planning and scheduling meetings on the go|
|Price||Basic Plan (free), Standard Plan ($3/month), Pro Plan ($6/month), and Enterprise plan ($10/month)|
|Biggest Plus Point||The best free calendar app for mobile phone users|
|Biggest Downside||No desktop version|
Best for Mobile Phone Use
Zoho Calendar is a free online business calendar that offers a wide variety of productivity, scheduling, and organizing tools. These include event and appointment scheduling, importing and exporting, private and public calendars, and time management tools.
You can use it as your business and personal calendar. It’s also a shared calendar app, so it offers various convenient features for teams. Not only can you sync Zoho Calendar with other tools from the Zoho suite, but other calendars as well. For example, you can integrate it with the native calendar on your phone or sync it with external calendars on different platforms.
- Event reminders
- Individual and group calendars
- Time management tools
- Setting access limitations
- Time zone syncing
- Private and public calendars
You can try Zoho Calendar for free or use the paid version. There are three paid plans: the Standard Plan ($3 per month), the Pro Plan ($6 a month), and the Enterprise plan ($10 per month).
- Optimized for mobile
- Syncs with your native calendar
- Available for free
- Multiple team calendars
- Various scheduling features
- No desktop version
- Some of the more advanced features are for paid plans only
TeamUp is a comprehensive calendar app that can be used for organizing, scheduling, and sharing events. It lets you communicate efficiently and get through your workday with less effort.
|Best For||Organizing teams and scheduling events|
|Price||Free Basic Plan, starts at $12/month|
|Biggest Plus Point||Create your own calendar solution and customize all its features|
|Biggest Downside||Might be complicated for beginners with so many customization options and features|
Best for Organization and Teams
TeamUp is an incredible calendar app that optimizes efficiency and productivity. With just a few taps, you can switch between 11 calendar views and table views. Once you choose your favorite calendar view, you can filter events and set daily reminders. A variety of templates are available, including an empty calendar, team calendar, reservation calendar, events calendar, and conference calendar.
You can even create your own calendar solution with TeamUp. Calendar events can be organized by team, space, resource, region, job, status, and function. You can install the TeamUp mobile app, which is available for Android and iOS devices.
- Customizing event fields
- Event history
- Daily agendas
- Password protection
- Multiple color-coded sub-calendars
- Event sharing
TeamUp offers the following pricing plans:
- The Basic Plan (free)
- The Plus Plan ($12 a month)
- The Pro Plan ($29 a month)
- The Business Plan ($69 a month)
- The Enterprise Plan ($129 a month)
All these plans come with a free 3-day trial. You also have the option to create a free calendar or try a live demo.
- Advanced calendar features
- Customization tools
- Multiple account-based users
- Mobile version available
- Integrations with other business tools
- Might be challenging to use for beginners
Fantastical is one of the best calendar apps that comes with a paid subscription. It’s also the best third-party calendar app for iOS users that can be easily integrated with other calendar and productivity apps.
|Best For||Event and meeting planning|
|Price||Individual plan ($3.33 a month) and Family plan ($5.42 a month)|
|Biggest Plus Point||Numerous scheduling, productivity, and collaboration features|
|Biggest Downside||There is no free version|
Best for Scheduling Meetings and Event Planning
Fantastical is an intuitive calendar app by Flexibits. What makes Fantastical the best calendar app for scheduling and planning is the number of useful features and widgets. Some of them include calendar syncing, customization options, privacy features, and weather forecasts. You can even choose between dark and light mode for the interface.
Fantastical can be synced with Google Calendar, Apple Calendar, and Microsoft Outlook Calendar. In addition, you can add Microsoft Teams, Zoom, WebEx, and Google Meet calls to your calendar events. You can use the family sharing feature and sync your account with up to five people.
- 14 useful widgets
- Supports six languages
- Privacy feature
- Family sharing
- Light and dark mode
In terms of pricing, Fantastical offers two plans: one for individuals ($3.33 a month) and one for families ($5.42 a month). Both come with a 14-day free trial.
- Various useful features and widgets
- Integration with weather apps
- Customization options
- Family sharing
- Lock screen feature
- No free version
- The desktop version is only available for Mac
SavvyCal is the best calendar app for businesses that are looking for a comprehensive scheduling solution that can also accept payments.
|Best For||Accepting payments|
|Price||Free Plan, Basic Plan ($12/month), and Premium Plan ($20/month)|
|Biggest Plus Point||Use SavvyCal to accept payments from your clients|
|Biggest Downside||Can only use SavvyCal as an online calendar, but there is no mobile app|
Best for Accepting Payments
SavvyCal is a business calendar that offers an advanced scheduling experience. It has all the best features a calendar app should have (like the ability to create events, set reminders, and invite team members) along with ones found in the best appointment scheduling software.
What makes SavvyCal different from other calendar apps is that you can use it to accept payments via Stripe. Not only can you take payments directly from your links, but you can also accept any payment method. In addition, you can collect taxes automatically.
- Collecting payment via Stripe
- Time zone scheduling
- Calendar overlays
- Personal appointment links
- Buffers and limits
- Ad-free meeting polls
SavvyCal offers three plans:
- Free – this plan lets you design free meeting polls, overlay your calendars, and view other users’ scheduling links.
- Basic ($12 per user per month) – this plan lets users create their own scheduling links and team scheduling links.
- Premium ($20 per user per month) – this plan allows users to remove SavvyCal branding from their links, collect payments via Stripe, and give access to their assistant.
If you choose the Basic Plan or the Premium Plan, you can use SavvyCal for free for two months. What’s more, students and non-profit organizations can get a 25% discount on the two paid plans.
- Available free plan
- Students and non-profit organizations get a 25% discount on paid plans
- Sleek, easy-to-use interface
- Advanced scheduling tools
- Easy team collaboration tools
- No mobile version
Best for Integrating With Other Platforms
Calendly is a popular calendar app and scheduling automation platform that lets you schedule appointments and meetings with other people. It is easy to use and integrates with a variety of other productivity tools, such as Google Calendar, Apple Calendar, and Microsoft Outlook.
One of the best things about Calendly is the sheer number of scheduling features it offers. You can save time with your own personalized booking links. The Calendly mobile app can be downloaded to your Android and iPhone.
- Integrates with other calendar services
- Scheduling options for one-on-one and group meetings
- Automated event notifications
- Booking link customization
- Email reminders and follow-ups
Calendly offers five pricing plans, and one of them is free.
- Basic (free) – With the free plan, you can connect your Calendly account with other calendar platforms, create unlimited one-on-one events, customize your booking link, and get automated event notifications.
- Essentials ($8 a month) – The Essentials plan lets you create unlimited active events and meeting polls, update your cancellation policy, add links to your confirmation pages, and send your invitees email reminders and follow-ups.
- Professional ($12 a month) – With the Professional plan, you can add up to six calendar connections per person, create unlimited meetings, create group events, and view analytics and insights.
- Teams ($16 a month) – The Teams plan lets you create routing forms, manage groups and permissions for your team, add Calendly to your website, and have live chat support.
- Enterprise (quote-based) – The Enterprise plan comes with all the features mentioned above plus other advanced features.
- Various plans are available, including a free plan
- Can be integrated with Google Calendar, Microsoft Outlook Calendar, and Apple Calendar
- Comes with an iOS and Android mobile app
- Streamlined user interface
- Limited customization options
- Advanced features are only available for paid plans
Best for Small Businesses and Startups
nTask is one of the best project management tools made for growing teams. This comprehensive software helps break down complex projects, which allows for better collaboration, planning, and analysis. Some of its features include project management, task and team management, Kanban boards, Gantt Charts, time tracking, and more.
nTask offers more than 1,000 integrations, including other calendars, like Google Calendar, Microsoft Outlook Calendar, and Apple Calendar, and video chat apps like Microsoft Teams and Google Meet. This calendar tool helps you stay organized and efficient by organizing and prioritizing tasks every month.
- Project planning tools
- Kanban boards
- Pre-built board templates
- Dedicated workspaces
- Risk management tools
- Customized teams
- Interactive timesheets
nTask offers three plans for its users:
- Premium ($3 a month) – for individuals or teams just getting started with project management
- Business ($8 a month) – for teams that need to create projects and plans with confidence
- Enterprise (contact for price) – for teams that need customizations, enterprise-grade security, and advanced features
You can try nTask for free for seven days.
- Over 1,000 integrations
- Time tracking tools
- Special discounts for NGOs, educational institutes, and early-stage startups
- Syncing meetings with calendar
- Setting milestones and goals
- No free version
- No desktop version for Windows, Mac, or Linux users
Best for To-Do Lists
Any.do is a to-do list app with a built-in smart calendar. It’s designed to help you be more organized and keep track of your daily tasks. The built-in calendar comes with one-time, recurring, and location reminders.
Thanks to its user-friendly interface, Any.do is easy to use. You can even change its appearance with a wide variety of customized themes.
You can use Any.do as a web app, or you can download it on your Mac, Windows, Android, or iOS device. As a to-do list app, Any.do is an excellent business solution. But its built-in calendar doesn’t have any special features that make it stand out from the other apps in this list of best apps for calendars.
- Daily planner
- Location-based reminders
- Customized themes
- Day, week, and month view
- Home screen widget
Any.do calendar pricing comes with three plans:
- Personal (free) – This plan comes with tasks and lists, calendar tools, reminders, a daily planner, and the ability to sync across devices.
- Premium ($3 per month) – Some of the features of this plan include recurring tasks, WhatsApp reminders, color tags, over 5,000 app integrations, and location reminders.
- Enterprise ($5 per month) – This plan is for collaborative workspaces. It includes unlimited project boards, unlimited team members, over 100 workflow templates, and admin tools and permissions.
- A free plan is available
- Customized themes
- User-friendly interface
- Android and iOS app
- Many premium features are reserved for paid plans
The Best Calendar Apps
With so many different calendar and event planning apps available, it’s hard to choose just one. While there are many factors to consider, the most important one is how much the calendar app can help you.
Pick a calendar app that’s packed with handy tools, premium features, various integrations, and plenty of customization options. The right calendar app will boost your productivity, improve your time management, and make you feel less stressed about getting things done.