It may feel like podcast hosting services are a dime a dozen since the medium experienced its explosion in popularity. However, the best podcast hosting services offer something that most others can’t.
Your challenge is that it’s hard to separate the wheat from the chaff when there are so many podcasting hosting providers available. You want something that gives you everything you need to run a successful podcast without costing a huge amount of money.
What Are the Best Podcast Hosting Platforms
In this guide, we dig into the top podcasting platforms. Covering everything from analytics to how each platform helps you reach more podcast listeners, our guide helps you choose the right podcast hosting site.
We look at the following:
- The best overall podcast hosting service provider
- The best for WordPress
- The best for episode migration
- The best for brands and private podcasting
- The best for monetization
- The best for podcast creation
We even have a bonus choice for those who need a free podcast site. Let’s get started with our number one pick.
1. Buzzsprout – Best Overall
By combining ease of use with an array of features, Buzzsprout is the podcast hosting platform of choice for many.
|Price||Free to $24 per month|
|Best Feature||Tons of automation|
Buzzsprout is one of those hosting companies that try to make things as simple as possible. It does so with a stream of automated features that make it easy for podcast hosts to upload episodes and monetize their work.
But don’t let its simplicity fool you. Behind the user-friendly interface are detailed sets of analytics that tell you everything you need to know about the performance of your podcast episode.
Nice extra touches, such as the ability to add chapter markers to a podcast episode, make Buzzsprout one of the best podcast hosting sites.
- Lists your podcast in all of the leading podcast directories
- Advanced statistics help you see how your audio and video podcasts perform with your audience
- Useful transcription services let you create text versions of your podcast episodes
- Automated optimization of your podcast files means you never release a half-baked product
Pricing varies from free to $24 per month.
On the free plan, you can host a podcast online for 90 days but can only upload two hours per month. You get unlimited team members and advanced analytics, though you have to deal with ads on your podcast.
As you move up the tiers, you’ll see plans costing $12, $18, and $24 per month. With the top plan, you can host episodes indefinitely while getting unlimited storage and team members.
- One of the best free podcast hosting plans around
- Easy to use
- No limits on team members
- Unlimited podcast hosting at the higher-paid tiers
- The analytics can be a little difficult to understand
2. Castos – Best for WordPress
If you’re looking for a feature-rich WordPress plugin, Castos is as good as it gets. You can have podcasts live on your website in a matter of minutes.
|Price||Starts at $19 to $99 per month|
|Best Feature||Automated WordPress publishing|
If you’re ahead of the game, you may already have a website to promote your podcast. But if you don’t have the tech know-how to upload podcasts onto the site, Castos has you covered.
This clever WordPress plugin lets you upload episodes and even gives them a built-in player with a few clicks. Add a description and your episode is off to the races.
Castos Productions offers some editing services to give your podcast a professional sheen. You also get stats and the ability to republish episodes to YouTube.
- Fast uploading to WordPress websites
- Detailed podcast analytics
- Automated transcriptions generated in minutes
- Republishing to YouTube
You get a choice of three price tiers with Castos, ranging from $19 to $99 per month. Even the lowest tier offers unlimited storage. But you can only upload videos and get access to advanced stats with the Pro tier.
- Simple uploads to a WordPress website
- It comes with a 14-day free trial
- Transcriptions boost search engine optimization
- No podcast service directory
- Not available outside of WordPress
3. Blubrry – Best for Episode Migration
Combine free episode migration with a free WordPress website, and you have a great tool. Getting unlimited bandwidth is also a bonus.
|Best For||Episode migration|
|Price||Starts at $12 to $20 per month|
|Best Feature||Free episode migration|
If you want to compile a bunch of existing episodes onto one website, there are no better options than Blubrry. With its free episode migration, you can have your podcast up and running on its own website without paying through the nose.
You get unlimited bandwidth and the ability to invite team members to work on your episodes. Plus, the publishing, monetization, and recording tools allow you to use Blubrry as your podcast creation hub.
- Unlimited episode migration
- As much bandwidth as you’ll ever need
- Customized embedded player
- You get a free WordPress website
Blubrry has two plans, costing $12 and $20 per month, respectively. The big difference between them is the amount of monthly storage you get. The Standard Plan nets you 125Mb, with the advanced plan giving you 400Mb.
- Migrate as many podcast episodes as you like
- Handy monetization tools
- No download limits
- Free WordPress website
- Limited storage means it’s not great for prolific podcasters
4. Transistor – Best for Brands
Transistor is a great podcast player and host for brands. It lets you create private episodes and even allows you to manage multiple podcast channels.
|Price||Starts at $19 to $99 per month|
|Best Feature||Private podcasts|
If you need a smart podcast player for a membership or subscription site, Transistor is your podcasting hosting platform of choice.
You can easily nurture members with podcasts intended solely for them. Plus, the analytics suite gives you an in-depth breakdown of your audience’s listening habits.
- Built-in branded website
- Easily embed podcasts to websites, social channels, and blogs
- Private podcasting for membership websites
- Upload unlimited episodes on all plans
Transistor’s pricing ranges from $19 to $99 per month. The biggest differences between the plans lie in the number of downloads and subscribers they facilitate.
- Superb analytics
- Can create private podcast episodes
- No limits on hosting multiple shows
- Easy to manage podcasts
- No free plan
- Download and subscriber limits on all plans
5. Podbean – Best for Monetization
Podbean is easy to use and is the most popular podcast platform for those who want to monetize.
|Price||Free to $99 per month|
|Best Feature||Easy monetization|
Podbean is the right podcast host if you want to monetize your work easily. You get access to an array of features, such as podcast recording and live streaming. Plus, it places no limits on downloads.
The platform helps you upload podcasts with great audio quality on every major platform. It also features useful social sharing tools. Plus, it’s great for private podcasting, making it a great choice for those with subscription services.
- Simple podcast scheduling
- Ideal for creators, thanks to a range of helpful template options
- Podbean’s advertising marketplace makes it easy to find sponsors
- Live streaming lets you chat with listeners in real time
Podbean has a basic free tier, which lets you upload five hours in total. The paid options range from $14 to $99 per month.
- Offers easy access to sponsors
- A helpful free plan lets you try before you buy
- Supreme customization options
- Available on Android and iOS devices
- Live streaming
- Cover art templates and features could be better
- You’re limited to five hours of storage on the free plan
6. Fusebox – Best for Podcasting Software
Fusebox has a lot going for it to make it one of the great podcast hosting providers. You can upload unlimited podcasts, ensuring your audio files always find a home on your website. Plus, if you need to get multiple podcasts into major podcast directories, Fusebox gives you the tools.
And tools is the operative word here. As a full-service podcast hosting platform, Fusebox offers multiple embedded players for use on your website. It even has a live text feature that creates transcripts automatically.
As podcast hosting companies go, Fusebox is one of the best because it’s made by an experienced podcaster.
- Email capture for public and private podcasts
- Automated transcript plug-in that can handle unlimited episodes
- Easy RSS feed upload and directory entry
- Customizable podcast players
Fusebox has two plans, with its Starter tier costing $9 per month. Forking out an extra $10 per month nets you more players and several advanced features.
- One of the best podcast platforms for embedded players
- Expand your podcast audience with RSS and directory submissions
- Transcripts created with a plug-in for the podcasting hosting platform
- Embedded email capture
- You only get email support with the top tier
- Only available for WordPress
Find the Right Podcast Hosting Platforms for Your Needs
Choosing the right podcasting platform is vital to the success of your show. You can’t go wrong with any of the six options featured on our list. However, it’s critical that you consider your needs and budget before making a choice.