Google Meet is a popular video conferencing platform allowing people to connect and collaborate remotely.
In recent years, there has been an increase in the number of people using Google Meet video calls.
Whether you’re working from home, attending a virtual event, or communicating with friends and family, Google Meet provides an easy and reliable way to stay connected.
On occasions, you may need to record a Google Meet video call, and thankfully, it’s a straightforward process that can be done with just a few clicks.
Recording a video call can be helpful for a variety of reasons, such as sharing the meeting with those who couldn’t attend, reviewing the content later, or using it for training or educational purposes.
In today’s guide, we will walk you through the steps to record a Google Meet video call.
We’ll cover everything you need to know and more! Whether you’re new to Google Meet or a seasoned user, this guide will help you record a Google Meet video call with ease.
What Can You Record In Google Meet?
There are certain parts of a Google Meet video call that can be recorded and saved during a session. These are:
- The chat conversation log
- The active speaker
- Whatever has been shared on the screen by the active speaker, including slides, sheets, and Google Docs
You will not be able to record live captions of the participant in Google Meet recordings and they will not open automatically during the replay of the recording either.
Recording Google Meet Calls On A PC – Instructions
Here’s how to record Google Meet calls on your PC:
- First, open your Google Meet Call session.
- Find the “Activities” button in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen and click on this. A sidebar will appear showing “Premium.” Under this, you will see the option “Recording.” Click on this to begin your Google Meet recording.
- Now, select “Start” in the pop-up window. When you wish to end your Google Meet Call recording session, simply click on “Stop Recording.”
It is important to note that users require the correct Google Workspace account in order to access certain premium features, including a recording link.
Otherwise, recording is not currently available. Instead, you would need to utilize a third-party extension or get access from your Workspace administrator.
Google Meet Recording On A Mobile Device- Instructions
Recording Google Meet sessions using your mobile device is one of the best ways to listen back on important calls.
The easiest method is via the free XRecorder app. This app is available on both iOs and Android devices.
Here’s how to perform a Google Meet recording on your mobile:
- Begin by downloading the XRecorder app to your mobile device. You can find this in your phone’s app store.
- Look to the top of your phone’s screen to access the recording feature. To start recording, click on “Record” and proceed to open your Google Meet session.
- Make sure your recording has begun by searching for an orange circular icon at the top of the screen. This is a timer that indicates how long your Google Meet session has been recording for. If you want to stop recording, click on this orange circle. Your recording will immediately stop in your Google Meet app.
- Once you have recorded your Google Meet video calls, you can download them to your Google Drive or share them right away. The xRecorder app will display your recording on your phone’s screen and give you a few options for either sharing or saving the Google Meet recording.
Record Google Meet Calls – Meeting Participants Instructions
It is possible to record Google Meet sessions as a participant even if you do not have access to a Premium Google Workspace account.
You can do so using a screen recorder such as Vmaker. This is free and allows you to record Google Meet video meetings without having a G Suite Enterprise account.
Available on Google Chrome and Mac, here’s how to record Google Meet Video meeting on Vmaker:
- First, you will need to download vMaker from your app store.
- Once it has downloaded, you need to join your Google Meet session and then click on the Vmaker icon, located in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
- To start recording your Google Meet sessions, simply click on “Start Recording.” It is possible to try out different settings here. You can choose to record your webcam only, your screen only, or both. For the best audio quality, we recommend using headphones, too.
- If you wish to pause your Google Meet recording, you can do so at any time by clicking on the “Pause” button.
- To stop the screen recording, click on the red icon. Once you stop recording, you will be taken to another screen. Here, you have the option to share your Google Meet sessions, download to your mobile phone, or Google Workspace (we recommend labeling your folder “Meeting Recordings Folder”), duplicate your downloaded file, edit the video settings, and/or copy the video recording link.
Record Audio Only On Your Google Meet Recording – Instructions
You can easily record a Google Meet call’s audio using Notta, a free speech-to-text application. And yep, this can be done without a premium Google Workspace account.
However, this is only available to members who pay for the Notta bot services.
To use the Notta Bot feature, follow these steps:
- Create a Notta account and log in. Navigate to the main dashboard and click on “Join Live Meeting.” A pop=up window will appear where you can enter your Google Meet URL.
- Click ‘Transcribe Now.’
- Now, select “Admit.” This allows the bot to join your Google Meet call to then start recording the audio. The Notta bot will ask to join your Google Meet session automatically in another pop-up window. Simply accept this.
- During your Google Meet meetings, the Notta bot will record and transcribe the audio automatically.
- To stop recording your Google Meet meetings, all you have to do is leave the meeting.
- Access your new Google Meet recording via the Dotta dashboard. Navigate to “Recent Recordings” and choose the transcription you wish to use. Here, you can choose to share, download into a meeting organizer, or add notes to your Google Meet recording.
As you can see, there are various ways to record Google Meet calls.
Once you have your call saved in your Google calendar, simply open it up on the day and start recording. That way, you can revisit the Google Meet meeting any time you wish.