How many times you’ve wanted to screen record something on your iPhone, but got stuck because you’re unsure how?
If you need to send someone step-by-step instructions or tutorials, save YouTube clips, or record whatever is happening on your iPhone, screen recording is the easiest way for you to do so.
And if you want to learn how to screen record on iPhone with ease, go check the guide below!
How do I Set Up Screen Record on iPhone?
To be able to screen record on your iPhone, you need to make some adjustments in the Control center:
- Go to your iPhone’s Settings app and open the Control center.
- If you don’t see the Screen recording option in your ‘Included Controls’ section, scroll down and tap the green ‘+’ icon to add it.
- You can now access the Screen recording button (circle in a circle) by swiping down from the top right corner. For older iPhones, swipe up from the bottom of your screen.
How can I Start Screen Recording?
Now that you’ve prepared everything, you’re ready to make some screen recordings.
- Open the Control center and click the Screen recording button to start recording.
- After tapping the Screen recorder icon, you’ll have a three-second countdown, after which your iPhone will begin recording. You’ll see a red status bar at the top left of your screen, letting you know that the screen recording feature is on.
- When you’re done recording, click the red record button or open Control center and tap the Screen recording button to stop.
How can I Record My Screen With Audio?
Turning audio recording on is as simple as turning regular screen recording on.
- Swipe down from the top right corner to record audio or capture sound. For older iPhones, swipe up from the bottom of your screen, but this time long press or tap and hold the Screen recording button.
- After you tap and hold, an App list will appear on your phone’s screen, which is for broadcasting the screen during video calls. To make a regular screen record choose ‘Photos’.
- Below the App list you’ll see a ‘Microphone icon’. By tapping it, it will turn red, meaning the audio record on iPhone is on. Click Start recording, and you’re good to go (the red clock bar will also appear).
- To stop recording, tap the red bar from the top of your screen. You can also tap the Screen recording icon which you can access from the Control Center.
How Can I Edit My Screen Recordings?
After you tap stop, your recordings will be automatically saved. You’ll receive a notification, leading to the recording file in the Photos applications folder.
- Go to the Photos app to access your screen recordings.
- Open your new screen recording from the Photos app and tap edit in the upper-right-hand corner.
- Just like with regular videos, feel free to trim, add filters, play around, then save the video as a new clip.
Before, you needed third-party apps to screen record on your phone, but thanks to Apple’s built-in feature, screen recording has become a simple and easy process. You can have a new video clip in no time!
Hence, take advantage of this feature as much as you please, because it will make the video-making process stress-free.
If you however find Apple’s screen recording version basic, you can get other apps such as ApowerREC: Record Screen and Go Record: Screen Recorder on the App Store that will give you more recording settings to play with.
Go make some videos, and enjoy!